- May 06 2020
- 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Alternatives to Opioids for Treating Pain
- Why do we need to minimize the use of opioids?
- Compared to alternatives, are opioids more effective for acute pain?
- Are opioids bad for chronic pain?
- What alternatives are available for treating acute pain?
- What alternatives are available to treating neuropathic pain?
- Polypharmacy is a potential strategy for treating pain, what are the risks?
- What are non-pharmacological alternatives for treating pain?
As a bonus for attending, you’ll receive 1 CME credit
Presenter: Steven H. Richeimer, MD Chief, Division of Pain Medicine at USC
Dr. Richeimer is the former director of the UC Davis Pain Center and Saint John’s Medical Center Pain Program. He serves as a section editor for the journal of Pain Medicine. Dr. Richeimer provides broad expertise in pain assessment and management, pain pharmacology, and pain treatment procedures.
Register for this free webinar: