The Online Programs of the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC endorses the vision, mission, and values of the USC’s Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry. Our core principles are:
- We are dental health professionals with an emphasis on oral health promotion, risk assessment and disease prevention.
- We strive to be excellent diagnosticians.
- We endorse evidence-based treatments and therapeutics that optimize patient and community health and well being.
- Our educational mission is to train clinicians worldwide about the 350+ diseases that comprise the areas of orofacial pain, oral medicine and dental sleep medicine.
- We are committed to improving the health of all people through education, training, innovation and discovery.
- We strive to instill in our students the qualities of scholarship, leadership, and character that mark the true oral health professional.
- We expect our graduates to demonstrate compassion and concern for their patients and for them to be life-long learners who seek the best solutions to their patients’ problems.
- We celebrate and endorse religious, cultural and international diversity to optimize full participation of our students, staff and faculty.
Dr. Glenn T. Clark, Assistant Dean of Online Programs