Welcome from the Associate Dean
The Online Programs of the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC endorses the vision, mission, and values of the USC’s Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry. Our core principles are:
- We are dental health professionals with an emphasis on oral health promotion, risk assessment and disease prevention.
- We strive to be excellent diagnosticians.
- We endorse evidence-based treatments and therapeutics that optimize patient and community health and well being.
- Our educational mission is to train clinicians worldwide about the 350+ diseases that comprise the areas of orofacial pain, oral medicine and dental sleep medicine.
- We are committed to improving the health of all people through education, training, innovation and discovery.
- We strive to instill in our students the qualities of scholarship, leadership, and character that mark the true oral health professional.
- We expect our graduates to demonstrate compassion and concern for their patients and for them to be life-long learners who seek the best solutions to their patients’ problems.
- We celebrate and endorse religious, cultural and international diversity to optimize full participation of our students, staff and faculty.
Dr. Glenn T. Clark,
Associate Dean of Distance Learning and Telehealth